Wednesday, March 16, 2011

79 YEARS YOUNG !!! ~

I had Young Women's tonight but I wanted to wish Mom Norton a Happy Birthday so I went over before our activity started at 6PM. She was not home. Dad said she was working at the Employment Center for church. I told him I would come back after Young Women's and see if I could catch her.
I got back over at about 8:40 and she was relaxing in her chair and talking to Alivia (grand daughter from SLC) ..... She then got a call from Darryl and Karla. After talking to them she said she had got a call from Diane and Debbie and Joyce. She was really happy and said she was going to enjoy her last year in the seventies as much as she can. lol

We visited a bit and then I gave her some earrings I had made her from Tony and myself.
Dad said he just couldn't understand how women can get so excited over baubles!
I told him "It's a girl thing!" ................ "We just do"!

Then she opened up the box of Coconut Macaroons that I made her. We laughed because I gave her these rich cookies with a zillion calories and I packed them in a box that a set of scales came in! LOL They fit a perfect dozen cookies so I just had to use it!
Anyway, that's the 3rd birthday this week ...... One more to go!
Happy Birthday Mom Norton! We love you!


No comments: