Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TRIBUTE TO DON

DONALD LLOYD BEREZAY 8/22/1950 TO 10/12/2011


I just got an email from Donna about Don's funeral. I was the only one in my family that wasn't able to make it to either the memorial or the funeral and I feel just awful!

Don and I were very close growing up! I loved going to Uncle Lloyds because I knew I would be able to see Donny! He was just 11 months older than me and he was always so much fun!
He was a GOOD person! ............. NO, he was a GREAT person! He had so many family and friends who loved him! He was
COWBOY ALL THE WAY! His casket was pine and his son's had branded his brand as well as both brands from the two church ranches where he had worked on the sides. His favorite saddle was flung over his casket as well! They had toilet paper on the pulpit to dry your tears. The whole thing was sooooo DON!! He was a real tease and loved to get into water fights at the family reunions so at the grave site after he was placed in the ground, the grand kids were told that they could get the last lick in on their grandpa and they were all given a glass of water. At the count of three they threw the glass of water on the casket. They loved it and I know Don was smiling from on high!
Over the past week I have been reminiscing about the things I remember about Don. The first thing he said to Tony just this past summer was "Do I have permission to kiss your wife?" and without waiting for an answer he grabbed me and planted a big one! He was a real man! A hard worker, a Great Husband, Father and Grand Father!! He honored his Priesthood and I know that Heavenly Father was ready to welcome this wonderful son home! It must have been a fantastic reunion being greeted by his Mother, Grandma and Grandpa Berezay, Uncle Glen and Aunt May & Lorna, Uncle Melvin and Ann , Uncle Jack and Uncle Ray and then all of them with Don ...... greeted Clay!
Don sure made his mark in this world and we are all better people for knowing him!


THE FOLLOWING TWO PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY DON'S DAUGHTER DACIA.
THEY DEPICT DON AS THE TRULY GREAT MAN HE WAS IN THE SETTING HE PREFERRED!

DOING WHAT HE LOVED IN THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD OUR FATHER CREATED FOR US!
HE REALLY KNEW HOW TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND HE LOVED HIS ANIMALS!

TILL WE MEET AGAIN DON! WE LOVE YOU~



2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Sounds like he was a GREAT guy! So sorry for your loss though. Had to laugh about the kiss!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to remember a wonderful man! So sorry he passed while you were out of town... I'm glad you were able to hear how the funeral and memorial went. The "water fight" is too cute, and I'm sure you're right about him getting a kick out of it, too! Still sniffly, but glad you had the opportunity to know him so well. :)