Saturday, April 27, 2024

SATURDAY SERVING

Our Charlotte turned 10. I'm getting to be such a space cadet and I couldn't remember if I'd sent her a birthday card. I asked Deedra .....
AND, she sent me this cute picture and assured me I had. Phew!

We served in the temple today. I am being groomed on the sealing floor. I'm called an assistant coordinator. IT'S HARD!!  I'm not very good at organizing the patrons and workers to be in the 4 different rooms and trying to remember names etc....
BUT, the Coordinator is very helpful. Hopefully, I'll get the jist of it sooner than later. After our shift, we stopped at COSTCO. Tony's trying to get Alka seltzer there and they haven't had it in a long time.

When we got home, I went out to check my garden. The beans are doing great! Coming up and hopefully we won't have anymore super cold nights. FINGER'S CROSSED! I did a little watering because there is one part of our garden that the water isn't hitting. We'll have to do some more adjusting on Monday.

It's so weird... I put two beet seeds in each toilet paper rolls and some aren't coming up at all and the 2nd one has at least three beets, maybe four!! lol I've got to put in a few more but I am going to put the seed directly in the soil.

So happy with the peas!! I'm hoping they will latch onto the wire and climb that baby!!

I was a little leery about putting in the tomato but it was getting root bound so I chanced it and got it in. So far so good!  I've got to get out to D&B this week and get my seed potatos. I'll be able to on Monday after we get our talks over with tomorrow. 

These are perennial's I put in last year. They look like a carnation before they bloom but not when they bloom. lol But, they smell sooooo good!! I have a pink one and a red one.

My pots are growing!!

I think this is a lily. I just put it in this year and it looks different than the ones I have in the back. BUT maybe that's because it's new. 
We'll see. 

I came in, and put together scalloped potatoes for dinner tomorrow. Put them in the fridge and then put some cookies together. I found this recipe on Instagram and it looked good. It's cashews, coconut, chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers  and eagle brand milk. I also added some pumpkin seeds. I have the Sister Missionaries and my friend Robin coming for dinner on Monday but we will be mowing and thatching on Monday so I won't have time to cook a dessert that day. Hense, today is it!

The 1st batch. We ate one and they are a bit sticky but good!! It made about 20 cookies. Now to figure out what to cook for the dinner. I'm thinking of rice with Pineapple chicken over top. Just don't now what else to serve with it. Oh well, time to work on my talk some more before bed. Wish us LUCK!~

No comments: