Thursday, August 13, 2026

BEN AND CHARCIE STAY ON THEIR WAY HOME


It's still smokey here in the valley. We went to the gym Monday and Tuesday and the smoke made it possible to stare right at the sun. 

Not sure when  thie air is gonna clear up but I'm sure it will eventually. We just feel so blessed that our home and community have been free of fire. I feel so sorry for those who have lost their homes and belongings. So terribly sad. On Monday, the Primary Presidency had a meeting to discuss the Primary Program that is coming up in September. Jan is leaving Thursday for an Oregon vacation on the coast and I will be gone the following weekend. So, after our meeting, I told the sisters that I would get the program all typed up and ready to hand out parts this Sunday. SO, Tuesday, I was on my computer most of the day. I got it all typed up and children and teachers assigned to various parts. I ran the rough draft over to Jan for her approval and she called and said it was perfect. The only thing I had wrong was the spelling on one of the boys name. I fixed it and then ran off programs for  all the adults. Then I ran off the parts for the kids and got them cut out and ready to hand out this Sunday.
We were relaxing and watching TV later in the afternoon, when I got a text from Charcie. They were on their way home to Warrenton, and they had spent the morning on a river, tubing. They were sunburned and tired. I was so glad to accommodate them again.   They arrived about 7:15 in the evening. We were visiting when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked out the window and could see a fella with a bunch of pizza's. I couldn't see his face. Tony got the door and it was Rick and Wendy.  I was so happy they stopped to visit. They had made arrangements to sleep at a motel, but they stayed, and we had a great visit for about an hour. We ate pizza and salad. Both Rick and Wendy were pretty tired, so they said their goodbyes and left for the motel. I sure wish I had a home with room for others to stay.

I got a picture of Rick and Wendy before they took off. Charcie was outside with us so I told her to get in the picture too. Love them all so much! I have the most wonderful family members.  After they left, we went back in and visited for a bit. Ben was tired too and Gabe was not feeling very well so they went to bed. 

Little Abraham was sure wound up. I thought it was because he had been in the car for so long but Charcie said it was so unusual for him to be so wild. He is the cutest little bugger. 

Dianna and Gideon were so cute. They played with their tablets and each other and were good to be quiet so their dad and brother could sleep.

I got a cute picture of them all (minus Gabe) 

Tony went to work on his puzzle and Dianna said she would help. She said "I'm  an an expert at this."  lol We got such a kick out of her. She told me she wanted quesadillas' for breakfast.   Around 11PM, we decided to go to bed. Charcie got the rest of the kids to bed but I guess little Abraham was so wound up that she didn't get much sleep. When Tony and I got up the next day at 7:30, we tried to stay as quiet as possible so the kids could sleep. Ben and the kids got up around 8:30. I did have tortillas, so I made cheese quesadillas, scrambled eggs, raisin bread toast and grapes. Dianna was thrilled. As a matter of fact, ALL the kids ate them.  Ben said Charcie asked if she could sleep as long as possible because she'd been up half the night. The kids and I played with SnapChat on my phone for quite a while and they all got such a kick out of it. 

Even Abraham was entertained. 

Dianna loved all the silly faces it gave her. Soon, I gave up my phone to the kids,  and I helped Ben take all the bedding, air mattress and what not to their car. 
Before they all left, I got a few pictures. The sun was out and they were having a hard time looking at the camera. I got s good one though. All but the little guy . lol

Then one with Mom and Dad but then the sun was just too much! lol It was wonderful to have the kids stay again. They were such a joy to be around. And they are so well behaved. Love them all so much.

No comments: