Wednesday, September 2, 2026

FRUSTRATING FEW DAYS

Saturday, was our last day working the Saturday AM shift at the temple. It was bitter sweet and we are leaving a lot of wonderful friends behind, but I'm sure we'll be asked to sub on occasion.


It's September and this is how I feel!!


The temp going in was so wonderful! A lot cooler than we've experienced the last while so I guess Fall is on it's way.  It was a lovely day when we got out. We will be starting on the Thursday PM shift this coming week. We got a call from our new shift coordinators last night and they are excited to get us and I know we;ll make new friends. It will be good for us.
Sunday after church, we invited Yeti and Drue over for dinner. I made Kielbasa sausage and sauerkraut and scalloped potatoes and corn on the cob. It was delicious in my opinion. lol Yeti had never had sauerkraut so I don't think he was thrilled but he wished I'd had more corn on the cob. lol Shawn had given it to us so I only had one  cob a piece so there's that.  lol
Today, we went to the gym and it was 47 degrees when we got up. That made the lawn care very comfortable. 
The little plant that Isabel gave me for Mother's Day had grown a ton. I'm so glad it's a perennial and will be back in the spring. I love it. I got the yard mowed and even went over it twice. Patrick took a power washer to our fence and cleaned off the paint Tony had put over the graffiti.  
It's a bit spotty but so much better (in my opinion) 
It looks so much better than the big grey patch. lol Patrick was in his backyard watering and I thanked him for doing it. 
 I had to laugh at this.  I thought of my little vandals that decorated my fence. lol  Not that this has anything to do with them. lol
Got a call from Diane asking us if we could look at Mom's house for her credit cards. We said, "You used it at the gas station on the way to Utah",  she said she didn't but we reminded her about all the trouble with the hundred and sixty nine dollar charge that came up and how they had to put a stop on her card etc......she said "Oh yeah, now I remember."  Then it took them all day to finally find her little purse that held all her cards. That was the start to our frustrating day. Then,
we went to Verizon and traded in our old phones for a new updated one. My battery has to be charged a couple of times a day so we figured it was time.  It has been such a pain. They wanted $50 bucks to transfer all the info from our old phones to the new. Tony was upset about that, so we came home to do it on our own. (and we are old and not so computer literate)  He was so grouchy the past 2 days just  trying to get the info for his own phone.  We went back today to get help. Again, they want the money if they help us so he called Verizon on the phone and got a real nice guy who helped us completely. While still talking to him, we drove home and got both phones done. I warned Tony that if he lost his temper in the store, I was walking out so he said he would try to be on his best behavior. lol  The only thing he said was, "This is ridiculous!"  before he got on the phone with a rep. Don't know why we didn't just call in the 1st place. So much easier than dealing with them in person. 

I also went to the Library and checked out the book for this month. They are changing Book  Club to Tuesday night so I will be able to go. It used to be on Thursday night and with my new shift I would miss it. I was actually not upset about that because I don't always want to read what they choose, but Klynn insisted we change the night so I could go. lol I just finished a John Grisham book and started another because I love his writing. I'd suggest one of his books if I thought the ladies would read it but I kinda keep my mouth shut now. I'd suggested a Dan Brown book once (which I loved) and the ladies weren't that impressed. lol  I guess we each have our likes and dislikes. Now I gotta finish the book by Grisham (more than halfway through) so I should be finished soon and will start on the one for book club.  What a week thus far. Hope it goes better the rest of the week. I'm sure it will.

No comments: