Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BUZY HANDS ARE HAPPY :) HANDS !!!

I have a friend who works in the Boise office who is always making lap quilts. I don't have any quilting frames so I was interested in making the type she does because she doesn't use frames either. The 1st one I made 2 years ago was this Valentines quilt. It was fun and turned out pretty good. This one I actually hand quilted around a lot of the center hearts but I stitched in the ditch on the rest.


I tried another one ..... same pattern ..... sort of ......

It didn't turn out quite as well and she made fun of me and said I picked old lady prints. It has bee's on it so I thought the flowers would go well but the more I quilt and the better I get, I've decided she's right. It's fun to pick a lot of different prints and "MIX IT UP" .....

Then Heather came to visit last Mother's Day and she was at Traci's house one day and they made a "Crazy Eights" ..... it derives it's name from being made from 8 fat quarters which are cut into several different sizes and then sewed into squares. I love watermelons so decided to do one in those colors. I was very happy with it. I used a decorative stitch on my machine and quilted it that way. I also put a border on this one which I like a lot.

Then my dear hubby went to Iraq to work and to save my sanity I started to make more quilts. I did the following 3 out of flannel fat quarters and I love, love, love them!!
The 1st one is bright bright colors with chickens and bugs and dinosaurs etc. Great for babies!

This one is a Christmas quilt with Snowmen and mittens. It's a little more subtle in color but I love it too!
The last one I've completed is another Christmas quilt with Snowmen again but it has the traditional bright red colors and a not so traditional green. I'm currently binding it and then it's done.

This pattern is a fun one to do and I love the fact that I can buy 8 fat quarters and make a treasure. I've got another in the works and it makes me "Happy".
If anyone wants the pattern, let me know. If I can do it, anyone can!


4 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

They look good! I'd like to have the pattern. It looks like fun!

Vernie and Tony said...

I'll print it off for you Deedra!! It is fun!

Heather said...

They all turned out fab mom. I am slowly getting my latest two done. Wish you and I could do them together more - I need you when it comes to the binding!!

Christa said...

Once I learn to quilt and sew I want to make one! :) You did a great job! I especially like the baby one, it's so cute and bright!