Sunday, April 4, 2010

EASTER WEEKEND .............

What a wonderful Easter weekend. To start with the weather wasn't as bad as predicted. It had rained all day Friday but Saturday was cool but sunny. I watched the Saturday sessions of conference and it was so good and uplifting! I always feel so rejuvenated after conference and determined to do better. I am so thankful and grateful to my Savior and for his atoning sacrifice.

Afterwards I cleaned up branches in the yard ..... (AGAIN) ! I swear, that tree sheds like a cat !!

Sunday, I prepared dinner in between sessions and then some of the kids came over for Easter dinner. I was Spiritually fed before we ate physically!

There was only a few of us so we were able to all be seated at the table. I set the table and ...
The counter top for some of the chitlins! I thought it was rather festive!

We had ham and funeral potatoes, salad, rolls, carrots and a medley of vegetables. Krista also brought a special dish for her diet but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the grain. It was nutty tasting and very good. We also had Easter cookies that Krista made. They represented the tomb. Strawberry bars that I made that were similar to lemon bars and homemade chocolate that Deedra made.


Needless to say, .... we ate Goooooood!

After we cleaned up and visited a bit, the men hid eggs in the backroom for the kiddies to find! It must have been a good time cuz Nikki said she liked Easter better than Halloween! lol I thought that was sweet!
Here's the kids and their discoveries!







THEY WERE ALL PRETTY JACKED ABOUT THEIR EGGS!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!


1 comment:

Curtis and Deedra said...

We must have been on the computer doing blogs at the same time. Although mine is taking longer since I'm trying to add the video of Jack's first steps. Hopefully it works.
It was a great Easter indeed!