Friday, December 2, 2011

WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY / YARD CLEANUP & STILLMAN'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION !~

Another busy weekend but so glad it was here!
Friday night Tony and I went to the Ward Christmas Party! It was titled
"A NIGHT IN BETHLEHEM" and the Relief Society was in charge. They told the Christmas story and Ward members acted it out with Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus, the angels, shepherds and wise men. The Primary sang as well as those in attendance. After the short program there were stations set up and the Young Women were in charge of the station making ornaments. There was also a game station but the ornaments kept me so busy I didn't really get to see what that was all about. Everyone was to bring a goodie to share and so there was lots of food at the "Bethlehem Market". It was fun and a nice way to bring in December and to remember what this season is really all about!!

Saturday morning, Tony and I got up and had a nice breakfast together and then bundled up good and went out to tackle the leaves in the yard!!


You might say it needed a good raking!! lol
The leaves were thick so we got started at 9:30 AM!!

Tony blew out all the leaves in the rocks ..........


And on the patio ....................

and I raked ..........................


and he continued to blow them off the patio .......

And I bagged .............. and then when we had it halfway manageable, Tony got out the mower and we sucked up the rest with the mower!!


After he got the majority, I took over while he went to the front yard to start cleaning leaves from the rock and driveway etc ......

Looked pretty different when we finished .......

I took the mower to the front and started mowing while Tony was cleaning all the leaves outta the rock between the neighbors home and ours! I ran out of gas so he told me to put a little in to finish the front yard and he would run the tank out on the neighbors yard ......
I got the gas can out of the shed and it felt practically empty so I put what was left in the mower. (oops) It filled the tank about 3 quarters!!

So we started mowing the neighbors yard to empty the tank. I mowed while Tony blew out their flower beds and sidewalks. I was getting sooooooo tired so Tony took over and I went in to shower and get ready to go to Stillman's birthday. By this time it was 1:30 in the afternoon!

Tony kept mowing and mowing and mowing. He ended up doing the neighbors on both side of our house as well as the neighbors across the street and then came back to our house and made another complete sweep of the back yard!! He finally ended up using a wire to hold the handle in place so the mower would continue to run while he put the tools away! FINALLY, it ran out of gas and he was able to quit! It was nearly 3PM by then!!
I felt bad that I'd put so much gas in BUT the neighbors liked it and think Tony is GREAT!! lol

We both got ready and then headed to Stillman and Michelle's to watch the last BSU game and celebrate Stillman's birthday.

We had finger foods and watched the game!! BSU won 45 to 0 against New Mexico! YAY!!
After the game Stillman opened his gifts!

Michelle made him a "Massage Shirt" .... It said "Stillmanville" on the back with a little town and roads and the kids all had mini cars and they drove them all over the roads on Stillman's back! It was so cute!

He also got a BSU Santa Countdown to Christmas, as well as some tools, a movie and a facial trimmer! He was one happy camper!!

Michelle found the cake recipe off of "Pinterest" ....... He loves Coca Cola (almost as much as me!) and his cake was chocolate cupcakes made with Cherry Coke and each cake sitting on a can of cherry coke with a maraschino cherry on top ! It was so moist and delicious!

We lit it up and sang "Happy Birthday" and the kids helped him blow out all 31 candles!!


We visited and relaxed and watched a little more football!

Tammy, Michele and Krista enjoying the cake and ice cream!

Lehi was such a good baby! Happy to be kicking on the floor!

Oh, and I made Stillman a cake plate and some Peanut butter bars!

I think he was happy with that. lol
It was a busy productive day and I am looking forward to Sunday and I am definitely going to RELAX!!

2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

You relax? Never! LOL You guys are always so busy! Those peanut butter bars look so yummy! I might have to get the recipe or have you make some for me too. Actually, maybe we could send some to Curtis in a package. Yard looks really good too by the way. Glad you were able to help the neighbors as well! Way to go!
Wish we could have been at the party!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! You guys are like a couple of Energizer bunnies, with all these projects and things on your calendars! It was great to see you! :)