Tuesday, April 9, 2024

BEAUTIFUL DAY 70 PLUS!!

I totally for got about the eclipse yesterday and have been seeing some pretty cool shots on the internet. So, I stole one . I thought this one was pretty incredible. 

Had a rough night last night. We were both sore from all the yard work and consequently, did not sleep worth beans. Too achy and sore.  We gave each other massages with our machine  but it didn't help the sleeping. He ended up sleeping on the couch for his achy hip and I wished I'd had my book by the bed so I could read. We did ask Lynn and Joyce if they wanted to walk this morning and both did. We picked up Joyce and went to get Lynn but the Preece's were there to replace her filters so we had to wait a little bit. Finally, we were on our way. Tony told them how many miles he put in yesterday and how exhausted he was last night. I'm waiting for him to say that I worked hard too ( Granted I didn't get as many miles as he did but I did work hard)  but no mention of it....Grrrrrr,  When we get to the rec center, we get out and I'm kinda slow because I'm still sore too! Joyce asked me if I was OK and I said, "I'm just a bit stiff and sore from the yardwork yesterday! I helped too, it wasn't ALL Tony!" He immediately says, "Oh yeah, she worked in the yard too!"   THANK YOU!!   lol  I'd just like some credit where credit is due. lol  After all, I fixed lupper and did some laundry as well after coming in.  MEN!!  After getting home from the Rec ctr, I started my laundry that I didn't get finished yesterday. Then, while he was trimming and blowing ours's and Joyce's yards, I put down the fertilizer on our yard in the front and back. Then I had to come in and clean up a bit so I could go to my Kidney appointment with Dr. Keller. Tony stayed home to finish Joyce's yard. I went to my appointment and there is road construction ALL OVER THE PLACE!!  I made it to my appointment with 1 minute to spare. I thought for sure I would be late. While there, Jenni called and asked if I could meet tonight for a RS meeting at 6:30. Then Tony called and said as soon as I got home, we had to take the car to Bruneel to have the air conditioner tested to see if there were any leaks since they last fixed it. SO, my appointment went well. He said my kidney is functioning between 35 to 40.It is currently 38. He said there is no blood, protein or bacteria in my urine with is so great!! He said he is going to schedule me for an infusion this July, the following January and the last one in July of 2025. Then he's going to take me off and see how I do. He said if there is a flareup, we'll go back to the infusions.  He hopes I am well enough that it won't come back but he said there is no guarantee.  I sure like Dr. Keller and appreciate him taking me on as a patient when I was in the hospital with this crud.  I came home and I drove the car to Bruneel and Tony followed in the truck. We then went to Lynn's to get her gas can and then picked up Joyce's and went to Costco and filled them up. Then back to Bruneel and they were done with the car. All looks good.  We stopped at Dairy Queen for a Hot Fudge Sunday because we had 2 tickets for them and they expired today. Then we came home and ate a sandwich. Then Tony went to mow Mom's lawn and I finished folding 2 batches of laundry. I'll be leaving for my meeting in a half an hour. He's going to try and mow Joyce's lawn after his  moms.  He is a HARD WORKER, don't get me wrong. I appreciate his efforts for us 3 old ladies BUT I want some credit for what I do!  lol

My granddaughter Claire is expecting a baby boy soon. I finally got the baby blanket done (except for a border around the sides) and I got 2 pair of pants and 2 onesies for him.  The shower is May 8th. I've got some time. Well, enough of my complaining. I'm heading to Jenni's for the meeting. Hope it doesn't last forever. 

No comments: