Monday, April 29, 2024

SUNDAY, OFF THE HOOK, FOR NOW!

Tony and I worked on our talks for Sunday for 2 weeks off and on. I was prepared before Tony. He had been looking through all kinds of General Conference talks and had printed about 12 of them and then Saturday, he really got busy and wrote down specific's of what he wanted to talk about.  We got up Sunday morning and we were eating breakfast when we get a text from Brother Bugby reminding us that we were speaking. lol  I thought from the beginning that it was weird that we were asked to speak in Ward Conference....Anyway, we get to church a little early so we could get the TV out of the library for the Stake Relief Society President. She was asked to do our Relief Society lesson. We got things in place and then head for the chapel. Brother Bugby comes up to apologize to us and to tell us the Stake President asked our new Bishop to speak as well as his 2nd counselor  and then he was going to take some time. I WAS ELATED!!!  lol It didn't bother us a bit! Brother Bugby said that the Bishop would probably have us talk in a few weeks. NO SWEAT!   We are prepared!  lol Church was so awesome. It was all on Ministering and that is exactly what I suggested to Jenni when she asked what we wanted Sister Gregerson to talk about. I was happy to see the Bishop spoke on the same thing.
After church, Lynn brought me home because Tony had an Elder's Quorum meeting. I went home, prepared scalloped potatoes, a salad and we waited till almost 2:30 before Tony got home. Then we went to Lynn's and had salmon.  After dinner, we watched a special on You Tube about all the temples in Utah. It was really interesting.  After  it was over we ran over to the Taylor Sister's apartment. They are going to be the one's who schedule my Ministering Interviews. 
We came home and I went out to check on my garden. I took a picture of my two Quintz's when I came back in. I am in love with this red one!

This one is pretty cute too!

The blossoms on the BIG ONE ...so pretty!
We rested the rest of the day.  We knew Monday was going to be a busy day!       

No comments: