Monday, April 29, 2024

SUCH A BUSY MONDAY!!

We slept in till 8:30.  Tony got ready for the gym. I didn't think we were going to the gym because we had so much to do.....He wanted to go so I said he could go but I was staying home. I said I'll get the lawn mowed so we could thatch when he got home.  After he left, I walked the newspaper back over to Joyce and discovered Cindy was still there. Ty had gone to Fruitland to get a tractor part and pick up their two grandkids they brought with them this weekend. I had a nice visit with Cindy and Joyce and when Ty got back, I left and came home to get started on my lawn.
I got the front yard done and then the back. I cut it extra short because w were going to thatch it as well.  I pulled a few weeds and then  went in the house till Tony got home. We ate breakfast and then went out and found all the sprinkler heads and marked them with flags!  Don't want to break them.








I had to take a picture of our beautiful flag. It was blowing in the wind and made me proud!






We went out and got started thatching!! Tony run's the machine and since it's electric, I carry the cord so he won't run over it.  lol 





Tony had a haircut scheduled with Melissa at 1:45 so  he kept asking me what time it was. We figured we could get the whole yard done. We'd already done the front yard so with the two of us , it went pretty fast. 
  :
It looks a mess after all that dead grass id dug up but it sure helps the lawn. Tony  took off for his haircut and I got busy mowing up all the dead grass.  The 2nd time to mow the yard!! lol

It looked pretty good once it was all mowed up. 
BUT, I was so tired!!

My white Peonies in the front lawn are getting some pretty good sized buds on them. They will be opening before ya know it.

The Burgundy peonies in the pot are not as big yet but they are coming!

When Tony got home, he spread  a little grass seed in a few places that are thin. Then he put some compost on it and we ran the sprinkler system on the entire yard.

The lilac bush is getting a few blossoms but not many!!

But it's sure getting big.

One more picture of the back yard and then we went in, ate some dinner and rested till 5:4. We then went over to the Davis apartments to help a new family move in. They just moved here from St George. She is 6 months pregnant and her husband is working for Wells Fargo Bank. They seem like a very nice couple. We had a good turnout of people. We had the U-Haul emptied in about 30 minutes. After leaving there, we ran to Lynn's for a few minutes. She had come over earlier and said she couldn't find her phone. Tony followed her home and found it on her piano. He gets so frustrated with her and so he wanted to apologize to her. He asked her if she would please wear the pouch ALL the time so her phone would be with her. He tried to explain to her that if she were to fall and didn't have it on her, she could be on the floor for hours and we won't know.  After leaving her place, we drove to the hospital to see Mark Hollingsworth. While visiting him, Scott text me and asked if we were home. I told him what was going on so he said they were eating a TEXAS ROADHOUSE for  Scotlyn's birthday and wanted to stop by. I told him we wouldn't be long. So we visited Mark about 30 minutes and then went home.

This little beauty is now 16!!
She is such a sweetheart! 

We had a good visit and Scott and Jill told us about their trip to Spain and France. We visited for about an hour and then I got a picture of them and off they went. Then Tony and I went out to cover my plants in the garden. It's supposed to get pretty cold for the next 3 days so I'll have to cover them each night. We then came in and showered and watched NCIS. Now we are heading to bed. It's almost 11. It has been a super busy day! We are beat!!

No comments: