Wednesday, August 28, 2024

GETTING READY TO FEED THE SISTERS

Another busy day!!  We went to the gym this morning for our BIG exercise day! Luckily, today, I didn't run into a bunch of friends and I was able to get my whole routine finished.  Got  done about 10 after 11. I told Sister Brown that I would be by her home around 11:30 to pick up her scrapbooking items. She was good enough to share and I sure appreciated her for doing so!

She gave me paper, glue, scissors and a few other items. I was especially happy to get the white & black cardstock! Bless her heart!  I especially needed the black! Once we got home, I got to working on dinner. The Sister's and Robin are coming over at 4:30. 

I made chicken salad for sandwiches on croissants. I got out individual bags of chips and I'm giving them ice-cream cones for dessert. I made it an easy dinner but I'm sure they won't mind. Robin called me and said she didn't feel good. (I feared she'd back out) but she asked if anyone else was coming and I told her the Sisters. She said "OK, I won't let you down again"....Sure hope not! Otherwise, I'll have to bag up the sandwiches and send them with the Sisters. I got busy, dusting, vacuuming, mopping the floor, cleaning the bathrooms and just tidying up!!

Tony went out to work on the frames. He is cutting the edge in them now so the picture sits inside the frame on the little ledge he makes. He may not get them stained today but he's progressing. The weather was so much cooler today! A little breezy but absolutely beautiful. I believe Fall is on the way!

Tony made enough for 2 Halloween pictures (which I can't wait to put up) as well as the bear for Danae and the Savior walking with the Apostles. I am going to put it up on a shelf in the living room. I'm getting rid of the glass blocks that are up there. They were from Chris and PJ's wedding and I do not want them anymore.  I'm excited to display that picture. 

Tony sanding the frames. Now all he has left is to staple them together, stain them and insert the picture. YAY!~

I got the premade kits done for the class I'm teaching on Tuesday of next week. Things are coming together!

Robin came over about 4:10. She wanted to see through our house and the backyard. We had time before the Sister's arrived. After they all got here, we ate and had a great visit! Sister Garlic and Sister Tracy gave us a short little scripture and then they had to go to another visit at 6. Robin stayed and we watched 
"ESCAPE FROM GERMANY" 
and she thoroughly enjoyed it. She thanked us for inviting her and said how glad she was that she came.  I'm so glad she came over too. I thought she was going to cancel again this morning when she called me and said she didn't feel good. BUT, she pulled through.
It's been a GREAT DAY!~

No comments: