Well, 2 more times to work our Saturday temple shift and then we'll move to Thursday nights. We got up at 4:30 this morning and worked till noon today. The smoke has cleared out quite a bit. The wind came up yesterday and that helped some. I got to help in Initiatory for two young women who took out their own endowments. It is so special to see the young people coming to the temple. In our prayer meeting this morning, they asked if those who are serving before their mission, and those who are serving after their mission, to stand up. There were about 15 young men and women who stood up. It was so awesome!! My last assignment was to help a couple who were having their two young boys sealed to them. They had 2 girls, 12 & 8, who were born under the covenant. They just adopted these 2 little boys. One & two. It was such a special day. The parents were so wonderful and said it was 15 years since they were sealed together. They had two girls born under the covenant. One 12 and one eight. Such a beautiful family.
I have to admit that I am going to miss all the exciting things I get to do on Saturdays. It is the busiest day in the temple because that is when most marriages and sealings like the one I was involved in today, happen. BUT, we've worked the Saturday am shift for 8 years and it's time for a change. We miss a lot of family events and some church activities when we work Saturday. It's time.
We stopped at Chick Fil A on the way home and got a salad. Then we went to Costco and picked up a prescription and some rolls for the dinner we are having at Mary's tomorrow.
When we got home, I made a pan of Mac & Cheese to take to the dinner tomorrow as well. Mary is making London Broil, Jill is making some kind of potatoes. I think her sister is making a salad. Anyway, it'll be good. I was going to have the kids to my house for a going away party for Scott, as he is moving to SLC for work next week. But, it was Jill's 50th birthday recently, and her mom wanted to throw a party for her. It will be a combined party. Birthday and going away. Gonna miss those kids so much!
This afternoon at 4:30, we picked up Liz and Mom and we went to do baptisms at the temple. Drue and Yeti went as well. It was windy and started to rain on the way to the temple. I did all the women baptisms and Liz did the confirmations. Tony baptized me and then Yeti baptized Drue and then Drue baptized Yeti. Drue had signed up to do sealings after we finished so he didn't get to be in the picture. He's there in spirit. It was beautiful and clear when we got out.
We did 70 baptisms total. 30 female and 40 male and confirmations for all.
I love going with these great people. Yeti is waiting to take out his endowment. He is waiting for Salt Lake to approve him getting the Melchizedek Priesthood. Liz is ready but has to wait till November when she's been a member a year. As we sat in the chapel, waiting for the men to finish confirmations, she said, "I sure love you guys." I told her we loved her too. She has been a very special sister.
It was a great day!
GOD IS GOOD!



.jpg)

%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(3).gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment