Monday, July 18, 2011

GRANDPA NORTON TURNS 79

I got home from work last night and Tony wasn't home so I made "Oven Fries" and whipped up some hamburger patties to grill and cooked some Swiss Chard from the garden. Pretty soon Tony comes in and tells me about his day. His parents and Bob and Joyce are having him put in some new lighting so he had been out and about pricing his different options.
I hand him the burgers and ask him to grill them ...... he does and while he is grilling, he picks peas in the garden ....... I fold laundry that I had washed and dried earlier ...... finish up the chard and fries and he comes in and we settle down in front of the TV to watch NCIS and eat!

Awhhhhhh, nice relaxing evening!

Tony tells me that he'd gone over to Kim's (my 1st counselor & one of Tony's HT families) earlier to fix her bike and that she had mentioned that she was going to come and see our new bedroom set. "Call her and see when she's coming over"....... I do and she says she is just getting ready to come over! OK, great.
I sit back down to finish NCIS and Tony gets a phone call.

Tony: "OK, ....... right ....... we'll be right over!!"

Me: "Who was that? We can't go anywhere, Kim's on her way!"

Tony: "That was Mom, she's having a surprise birthday party for dad, we have to go!"

So, I immediately call Kim and catch her before she leaves, and off we go!
Tony forgot about the party and she had a light meal of sandwiches and then birthday cake and ice cream! We got there while they were eating the cake and ice cream!!


"SURPRISE!!" ..................."We're late!" lol


Most of the family was there as well as Bob and Joyce! So I did what I do best!
PICTURES!!

Dad enjoying his cake and ice cream!

I got everyone (who was there) together for a family photo!
Then Joyce took one so I could be in it!
Soon, families started to leave. After all they had been there since 6PM! lol
We didn't get there till 7:15 !
Nothing like showing up late for a " SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!"
OK, kiddies .....dog pile on Grandpa now !!!!

1 comment:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Don't feel too bad. We didn't even get the original email. So I had called up during the day to say happy birthday and see if we could come visit them that evening and that's when I found out Gma was having a party for Gpa that was supposed to be a surprise but he pretty much knew it was happening anyway. So I found out on accident, lol. And not everyone came at the same time either.

It was fun watching Dad play with all the kids :)