Monday, April 15, 2024

SUNDAY

Sunday was a beautiful day. I am enjoying this gorgeous warm weather! Tony and I took separate  vehicles to church because he was going to have a meeting afterwards. I went out to get in the car and was going to go pick up Joyce, when I hear her say, "Isn't Tony coming?"  I ABOUT JUMPED OUT OF MY SKIN!!  I had no idea she was already in the back seat!! It was funny but I'm sure glad I didn't have to come back  in and change my shorts!! lol We went to pick up Lynn and headed to church. It was Fast and Testimony Meeting because we had Easter and then General Conference. I taught my lesson after Sacrament meeting and Tony was set apart as the new Elder's Quorum President and his two counselors were set apart too. I was relieved to get my lesson over with and when I was clearing my table, Brother Bugby came in and asked if I would be willing to speak on the 28th at our Ward Conference. He'd already asked Tony and wants us to talk about Temple work. Now I can stress for 2 more weeks! lol
After I got home from church, I changed and went out to water my plants . My Pot of Gold is starting to bloom and is so pretty.

The beets are coming up in the garden. Tiny, but they are there.

The squash is coming up. I planted two kinds. A Winter squash and a Butternut. Not sure if there are two different ones here. Maybe, the leaves look different but I'm not sure if it's because one is a little further along. Guess I'll find out soon enough.  Once I was done, I went over to Joyce's because Lynn was there. We  played
SKIP BO while we waited for Tony to get done with his meetings. We finally ate around 3:00 or so. Joyce made chicken soup and corn bread muffins. I had made the mini cheesecakes and Lynn had a drink and stuffed celery. Tony and I had stomach troubles later that night. The soup was too spicy. It's an adventure eating what these two elderly sister's make. lol  We came over to our house to watch COME FOLLOW UP. We all passed out at some point or another. lol  Then Brother Slover came over to have Tony help him with the Temple  Portal again. It didn't take very long. The ladies left around 6:30 and Tony and I watched a couple of episodes of THE CHOSEN before calling it a day. A GOOD DAY!~

No comments: