Thursday, April 18, 2024

TERRIFIC THURSDAY

Before going to the temple this morning, I went out to the backyard to uncover my seedlings. It was 29 degrees early this morning and so I covered things up last night before going to bed. 

They looked good when I took the box off. The beans and peas are popping through.

I didn't worry about the peas and they are coming along nicely, but the eggplant, beans and beets, I covered. They also looked fine when I uncovered them. I'll have to cover them for two more nights before it's supposed to start warming up again. Lynn picked us up in her car and then Tony drove to Meridian. The traffic has been bad the last couple of weeks. We may have to start taking another route. We made it in time and we did an Endowment each, then sealings, and lastly was Initiatory. I think we got somewhere around 68 or so done.

Tony was still in Initiatory when the 3 of us were waiting in the main waiting room. I asked the ladies if they would have Tony take my bag when he got out because I wanted to go take some pictures. I went out back to the pond. There was a 
Mallard Duck enjoying a swim. 

This is such a breathtaking photo place. I love it so much!

The trees and bushes are getting so colorful. 





There is an occasional flower back here but I know as the spring ends and summer starts, there will be more flowers yet. I absolutely love the pink trees nearer to the temple and the yellow bushes out here.





As I walked towards the front of the temple, I took a picture of one of the pink trees up closer.  Against that beautiful white marble, it is just gorgeous!




Then there is the deep pink (almost red trees) They are in full bloom now and absolutely beautiful. I wish I knew the type of tree they are. If I had a place to put them in my yard, I'd do it!!





This two toned tree is so pretty too. I think the darker pink are buds that haven't quite opened fully! It makes for a lovely variegated color. 
I walked to the front of the temple and all the way down the sidewalk to get the tulips. WOW! What an inviting entrance it makes!




There is every color of Tulip  with a sprinkling of Hyacinth, Daffodil and Pansy! It is a carpet of beautiful color.  I wish the darn squirrels would quit eating my Pansy's at my house. I've tried to grow them but they inevitably get dug up and eaten. Grrrrrrr 



I walked down the grass at the front of the temple facing the highway. I swear, there is
                 NOT A SINGLE PLACE 
that you can take a picture that is not absolutely                                          gorgeous!!  
We decided to go to THE CITY BUFFETT for lunch. Joyce had never been there. She said she like it. It's OK once in a blue moon but not my favorite Oriental place. However I'm full!!  Lots of calories with all the fried goodies. I told them I wanted a picture of them by the Lion or whatever he is with his big red bow!
Lynn took one of us. The 1st one didn't take (as in, she thought she took it but really didn't) and then she took this one. I told her she missed 90% of Tony and he said he was good with it. He wanted to lose 90% of what he's got. lol  We both need to work on that! It was a good day. Now to get our Orchard day into the Ward History and start working on my talk for the 28th.

No comments: