Wednesday, May 1, 2024

DISSAPPOINTED

Well, the start of another busy day! I got up early. Tony was sleeping on the couch. He ate too much yesterday and was feeling the acid reflux last night. I got up at 7:30 and typed a letter to my mom. I meant to type one Monday BUT, this week has been soooo busy that I didn't get it done Monday or Tuesday!! The way today is going to go, made me think that if I didn't get it done early, it wouldn't get done.  I also got a "Get Well Card" written to my friend Lorna who just had surgery.   Tony came up as I was finishing Lorna's card and said he wanted to go to the gym. I told him I would mow Joyce's lawn while he was gone because we still have to thatch it when he gets home. I got dressed and went out and took all the coverings off my plants. It's cold again today!! They still look good. Then I went over to Joyce's and got to mowing. Her mower is a pull start and Tony started it the 1st time and then he left for the gym. I got the front lawn done and headed to the back yard.

Since we are cutting it super short, the bag fills up quickly and I'd have to empty it after about two sweeps of the yard. Then to start the mower again was beginning to get harder and harder. Once I got to the back yard, I'd done a few laps across the yard, emptied the bag and then the dang thing would NOT START!!  I tried and tried and then gave up for a bit. I came home, made my bed, started my laundry and set the table, as the Sister's and Robin (my ministering sister) ARE COMING TO DINNER AT 4pm.  

I got a text from Heather.
We have a friend (Jake Claus) who the kids grew up with in Boise. Tony and I worked with his parents in the Boise temple.  Jake married Jana and they live in Ridgefield Washington. That's where Jeff and Christa live. Just last week, Jana put on FB that their son Jess (15 years old) took his life. We were all devastated! It's so sad. He was a very handsome boy. I don't know if he suffered with depression or what, but it was such sad news. The family want to fill their yard with plants to constantly remind themselves of the beauty of Jess, their son.  So Heather found this plant. It's a white rose topiary. It said that white roses are a symbol of purity, new beginnings and eternity.  So we are all putting  money in and the card Heather sent will read:

Claus Family- We wanted you to know we were thinking of you, and your sweet son, Jess. We hope this topiary thrives, brings beauty to your home, and reminds you of your beautiful boy. 
Love the Stewart Family. (Laverne, Scott, Traci, Chris , Jeff & Heather)
I thought it was so beautiful and am so grateful to Heather who is always on top of things.
*******************************************************
After 15 minutes or so, I went back over and was finally able to start the mower.  I finished up and came home. 

I took a picture of MY work and waited for Tony to get home from the gym so we could thatch Joyce's lawn!

We got the front done and then had to relocate our cord to the back yard. I'm an important part of this procedure. I carry the cord and make sure it doesn't get  tangled in the spokes of the thatching machine.  lol  But it's true!!
Front and left side complete. Now on to the back yard and the right side of the house. Joyce's yard seemed to have a lot more dead grass than our yard did. She also has a lot of low spots that Tony is going to fill, seed and put some compost on top.  I stepped in a few while mowing and it snaps my back pretty good. Well, not good but BAD!! lol
Once the back and right side were done, and we got the thatcher cleaned off good, I brought the cord and thatcher home and put them in the garage. We have to do Lynn's, but not today. I stayed home to fold laundry and finish cleaning house before our company comes. Robin called me a bit ago and said she is nauseous and hurting today and probably won't come:(  I told her the missionary's were anxious to meet her, so she said IF she feels better later, she'll try! I kinda have my doubts. I told her I would drop off dinner to her if she doesn't make it and will do so before of 6PM mtg. 

I took a picture of Tony mowing up all the dead grass. It's will take him  a while as he's gonna have to empty the basket a lot!!
I called Robin about 3:30 to see if she was feeling any better and find out if she could come to dinner. 
(MY FINGER'S WERE CROSSED)
I had a lasagna in the oven, a salad made and the garlic bread was waiting to be toasted.  Unfortunately, Robin said she wasn't any better and didn't think she wanted to come. I told her I  would bring her dinner before Tony and I went to our planning meeting at 6PM. I then sent a text to the Sister's and said I hoped they would still come for dinner. I got a text back saying they wanted me to send their love to Robin but they had to follow Mission Rules and would have to reschedule when she could come. BUMMER!~
SO, Tony and I ate alone in front of the TV!  I bagged up dinner for Robin and when we went to our meeting, we stopped by and I gave her dinner. She showed me her Cancer spot on her head and I'll admit, it does look nasty and  I can see why she was stressed.  We met at Teri's house and got our talks all picked out. We are home now and Tony is typing up the talks. I finished my blog and am now crocheting.  I'm almost done. A  couple more rows and I'll put a border around it and start on a temple purse.

No comments: