Monday, May 20, 2024

SUNDAY~ FIRE, FIRE FIRE

We were at church when we got a text from Tammy saying that Chris noticed our old house on Midland was on fire.   WHAT???   My friend Robin came to church today!  I was so happy to see her. She stayed through Sacrament and part of Sunday School but left in the middle of S.S. After church, Lynn had to take me home because Tony had another meeting. We went to drive by the old house, but it was all blocked off so we couldn't go see.
So after she dropped me off, I changed my clothes and walked over. The fire trucks had been repositioned and the street was open again.

I talked to the man on the left and told him that my husband had built this house over 50 years ago. He said, "He did a good job, I would never have guessed that this house had a basement!"  Then I said it looked like it started in the garage and he said it did. There is a lot of smoke damage and the owners were not home!! Boy, will they be surprised when they get home!!

It also looks as if they took out all the yard and it is all gravel now! EVEN THE BACK YARD!


Just glad it is not our home anymore!  I then walked back home and made waffles , scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner. Mom came over before Tony got home but when he did at 1:00, we ate and then watched COME FOLLOW UP till it was time to go to Carol's at 3:30.

Carol invited us over to play games. She is a sweet lady in our ward and I think she gets lonely. She also invited Robin and her sister but both declined. 

She kept thanking us for coming. She had nuts, M&M's, pretzels and an apple cake for us to snack on.  We played GOLF and a game called TRASH that she taught us. It was fun and easy! Just the way I like them. Finally after Carol won the game of Trash, we had to leave. It was around 7:30 and Tony had to go to Lynn's to find a book that she, Joyce and Diane & Jess would be reading at 9PM. They read every night on the phone. He dropped me off at the corner and I crocheted till he got home, Then we watched 
THE VOICE!  Then we went to bed.

No comments: