Friday, August 2, 2024

PRAYERS FOR KODI

Well, today there was NOTHING on our calendar so we slept in and then got up and went to the gym. While I was walking, Aunt Joyce called me. I was on my 3rd lap. She asked if I wanted to pick the strawberries and blackberries. I said I would but we were at the gym. She said, "Well, you need to come now before it gets HOT."  lol I said again that I was at the gym and would come after we finished. These older women! lol We walked, did the elliptical and did weights. While I was in the weight room, I got a text from my friend. She lives in Twin Falls now but said she was at the hospital with her son Kodi. He was the young man, Tony and I stayed with several times when she lived here in Nampa. He is now 19 but has the mind of a 6 year old.  She told me he was found completely out of it at his residence. He lives in a home where there are others like him because he had gotten very abusive (on occasion) with his mother. His birth mother was a drug addict so he was born with ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS. Anna adopted him. She asked if Tony would be willing to give him a blessing. I told her "OF COURSE".

We hurried home, and went to Aunt Joyce's to pick the berries. We then went home, cleaned up and headed to Boise to St Lukes. 

Poor Kodi!! He is septic and they had to remove his colon. He has all kinds of tubes and needles going in him. He was left open and the tubes are draining his stomach, and urine etc. It was the color of iodine. Tony gave him a beautiful blessing and left it in the Lord's hands. His mother said she is selfish and wants him to stay but she said what a blessing it would be for him, if he was taken home. We were all in tears and it was so spiritual. We told her we will come back up Sunday evening. She is being put up in the home that used to be the Ronald McDonald house.  After we left, Traci met up outside in the court.

We had a nice visit and it was so good to see her. She still has a bit of a shiner from her river rafting trip when she fell and hit the rocks with her face.

She's still a beauty! 
After leaving, I got a text from the Sister Missionaries. They asked if I could meet them to see a lady they are teaching. I told them I was in Boise at the hospital and explained to them it would be a while before I got home. They were able to get Sister Adamson to go with them. I was thankful for that. We came back to Nampa and took some things to the DI. Then we filled the car up with gas and got a few things we needed grocery wise at Costco and at Walmart. Also picked up some protein drinks for Lynn. We hadn't eaten all day so stopped at the DQ and got a $7 dollar basket. We got home around 4:45. We watched an episode of our NOW favorite show and Tony worked on his puzzle. It will soon be ready for me to mod podge. 

It's another Halloween one so I'll be hanging them in October. Time for a shower and to get to bed. We work our Temple shift tomorrow and there is a Ward BBQ and games tomorrow evening. 
PRAYING FOR KODI!

No comments: