Monday, August 5, 2024

SO TIRED!~

Got up this morning and headed out to get started on the lawn and yard work.  It was gonna be another HOT day. Tony headed to Joyce's and I got busy on our yard. The grass is growing so quickly. It evidently loves the heat and water. Tony turned off the water last night but for some reason it was still kinda wet. It took a long time to mow and then I had to go over it after it dried because it left rows of wet grass. It made it twice as hard.
 
Once I was done, I turned the NEW sprinkler clock onto 
"water all zones now"
It works pretty good! It started in the front yard! 

Tony got done at Joyce's yard and came and edged ours. 

I couldn't believe how much grass I got. I filled the big garbage can nearly full! I still had one more bag after this picture! 

The garden is SO FULL!  I had to move some of the squash, as they were climbing over the row of marigolds and heading for the grass. INCREDIBLE!

This flower in the garden is pretty interesting. It starts out with the little white blossoms at the bottom of the picture, and turn into this glassy looking ball of blossoms.  After I finished working in the yard, I came in and made Tony and me a strawberry smoothie and then he headed to his mom's. I brought down all my laundry and got ready to wash but decided to wait till after Tony got home so I could get his dirty clothes as well. I sat down and read for a while and then went up to write my mom a letter. When Tony got home, he wanted to go to the gym!!!  I said "Wasn't doing three yards enough exercise for the day?"  Guess not! We went to the gym (and I wasn't super happy about it) but we got it done. Walk, weights and elliptical!!

I was happier after I finished and waited on a bench in the shade.  Even happier when he finally came out. lol

He took some mercy on me and we went to COSTCO, bought a few groceries and got dinner. A hotdog and pizza.  I didn't have to cook. GOOD THING cuz i HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY NOW!! 

It's this cutie pie's 12th birthday today!!
He sent me a Marco Polo and said he got my card I sent to him but he would open it later when he opened his other gifts!

And he was true to his word!  I got another Marco Polo as he opened his card and pulled out his $10! 

I was impressed because he read his letter and it was in cursive!! I'm tired so I showered and started the laundry! A woman's work is never done. I am beat!! I told Anna that I thought it was best for me to give her and Kodi another day of recouperation and I'd go see them tomorrow. She gets it!

No comments: