Friday, August 23, 2024

THURSDAY CHURCH SERVICE and FAMILY

We got up a little later today and got ready to go to the temple. It is so busy that we couldn't get out endowment till noon instead of 10                                         so  we slept in and left at 11. 
 
Tony bought me this Mumm at Walmart yesterday. I loved it being in a Pumpkin. I know it's not quite fall but I got it anyway!!
 
I LOVE IT!~

Today, we each did an endowment and then we did 1 hour of sealings. We got 37 sealings done and the 4 endowments so we were happy. I got dressed before the others so went out to take some pictures. YOU KNOW ME!  lol

I always love this view. Our temple is so picture perfect!
We couldn't do more because we signed up to go to the orchard and we wanted to get some dinner 1st.

We went to THE HABIT. I always get the Chicken Caesar Salad and they FINALLY put the dressing on the side. It was so much better!!  I love that salad but it was always a bit soggy when they put the dressing on before hand. NOW, it's really good!!

Mom and Joyce got hamburgers with Tony. I caught them in a serious discussion! lol  We ate and then Tony and I hurried home after dropping off the ladies and changed our clothes. We went to pick up Kevin Poulsen and out we went  to the orchard.

There were only six trees left on our two rows, so  Tony and I got started. Kevin got a business call so he was at the truck for a while.

Tony picked the higher part of the tree because he doesn't mind the ladder.  I'm too much of a clutz so prefer the ground.

We got one tree done in no time. Brother Logan Rice, his daughter Piper and her friend Bea showed up and started on the opposite end of us. We met in the middle and Brother Poulsen got finished on his business call and then picked 4 peaches. lol Brother Francis showed up when we were gleaning. He got lost on the way out. We are in a different part of the orchard this year and it's a wee bit hard to find.

We took pictures of us that were there. From the left:  Logan Rice, Piper Rice, Bea, Tony, Kevin Poulsen and Loren Francis.

Then Logan and I traded places and so its me, Piper, Bea, Tony, Kevin and Loren.

A worker came by as we finished and gathered up the peach holders that he'd dropped off earlier. Tony and I have our own.  It didn't take long at all and it's always nice to be in the orchard.

We got a fair amount of gleaning done so when we got home, I boxed up some for Lynn, Joyce and the Jarretts. I'm also bringing some to Patrick and Caitlyn next door. Deedra and Garrett got to town because Garrett has a Orthodontist appointment tomorrow and then they will head home. We played GOLF!

I WON!! 
  Shock! I have been on a real losing streak lately! lol We went home around nine and got ready for bed.  Will walk with them at the gym tomorrow and then do lunch before they leave town. 

No comments: