Monday, September 9, 2024

OOP'S


Sunday started off wonderfully! I told Joyce I would drive her and Lynn to church BUT, all I have is the truck and it would be hard for either of them to get in it. HECK, it's hard for me to get in it. So, I drove Joyce's car, we picked up Lynn, and Church was awesome!! The Hendricks spoke and they both gave exceptional messages!! Then we had RS and Priesthood and our RS was great as well. Then we started back to choir practice right after our meetings, and we are singing next week. It's one of the new songs from the new hymn book they are putting together. I was so excited because I know it!!  Lynn complained afterwards (at my place) that it sounds like a children's song.  That kinda bothered me because we had been saying that if they would sing easier songs, more would participate. I stood my ground and told her that, and I said how Tony and I have been listening to these songs on our ear buds while we walk,  so Tony will be able to sing with us even if he can't come to practice due to Ward Council meetings which are during choir practice.  She still said she wanted better songs! Grrrrr!   Anyway, we came straight home and Lynn went in to Joyce's and I hurried home. All I had to do was make corn bread and we had chili and cupcakes as well. After we ate, Lynn wanted to play games. We got out the cards and played GOLF. After 8 rounds, Lynn went to the bathroom and Joyce said she wanted to go home after the last round. SO, we played one more and Joyce asked who won. I did by 1 point, Joyce 2nd and Lynn 3rd. Then Lynn said, lets play again. I said we were quitting while I was ahead! lol  I said Joyce wanted to go home. SO, Joyce told Lynn she would take her home. I was just sitting down to read my book when Lynn called and told me they were in an accident. She said Joyce brought me home and she went back to see if there were parts of her car on the road!!   WHAT????  She left the scene of the accident??  I got some clothes on (I was in a Kimono ) and I walked down to the intersection of Orchard and Horton. Joyce was sitting on the grass by the Christian school. A police officer drove past me as I was going to cross the road to talk to Joyce.  He pulled into the school and the other lady was there as well. He was very kind and asked her questions. Then he went to the other lady and did the same. Making sure both were OK. Joyce was cited because the other lady had the right of way.  I sat with her for 45 minutes while he filled out the accident report. Then he asked if I would drive to Lynn's and make sure she was OK. We did and she was. Then Joyce wanted to stop at Craig Loveland's to ask him about repairing her car. He said he could. Not sure how long it will take but at least it should be less expensive than a repair place.

It did a number on the driver's side and the front door opens hard BUT, it could have been worse. They could have been hurt and neither of them were!

I really think neither one of them should be driving anymore BUT they don't want to give it up! Not sure what to do! I'm afraid the next time, it will be worse!! It sure put a damper on a lovely day! Tony got home around 6 and immediately went to his Mom's to put the battery charger on her car because it wouldn't start. (hmmmm, maybe that's a solution) and then he went to Joyce's to assess the damage. We rested when he got home and visited about his trip. 
GLAD HE'S HOME!~

No comments: