Thursday, September 5, 2024

TONY'S AMAZING!~

My hubby loves to do puzzles!!  I love for him to frame the ones I LOVE!!  It's a win win situation! lol I bought him this one for Father's Day this year when we were in the Salt Lake area. He enjoyed putting it together and then I mod podged it.

Last week, he got busy on a day when it wasn't too hot out,  

and he cut frames for four puzzles he had done.
 A few days later, he stained them and then sealed them.

The results are awesome!! He buys a lot of puzzles from Costco and I asked him to get some that I could hang up in the fall and Halloween.  Wish GRANTED!~

I like to switch out pictures in the fall and Christmas and so I do!! lol
He's working on one more right now!


When Deb and her family were here in July, Danae bought this bear puzzle in McCall. They put it together when they were at Lynn's over the weekend. It moved all over the table so they placed it on some fabric. Then they wanted to put it on cardboard and have it mod podged. When Tony and I tried to get it from the fabric to a piece of cardboard, it fell apart. SO, Tony told her he would take it home, redo it, and frame it for her. She had bought the mauve poster board for us to mount it on. Tony actually put the puzzle together on the poster board and when finished, I mod podged it down. We sent this photo to Deb and she loved it. Danae was in bed, but she said she'd show her 1st thing in the morning. We will bring it to Utah next month when we go to do our Florida shelling trip. 


Tony ran to fill the car up with gas and to have the tires checked. I started putting together some of the kits I made for the card class that didn't get used. May as well. Nothing else to do till he gets home.

After I finished my cards, I went and got the ladder so I could take down the glass bricks that I had up on this shelf. I then put the picture up there but it wasn't sitting quite right. Tony called me and said he was at Costco and did I need anything. I told him no but I could use your help getting the picture up on the shelf correctly. He said he would pick up a couple of easels at Hobby Lobby for it. YAY! I won't argue with that!
Then I got busy making A GALLON of the
"GINGER SHOT" drink! Tony decided he would start drinking it too so it will go a lot faster now. I'll freeze this. It's pretty time consuming to make so I doubled the batch and WHALA!!

He was gone for a fair amount of time so I got it nearly done before he got home. Then he helped me put the easels under the picture.

I love it up there. I need to move the watermelon doll behind the picture but haven't done so yet. Not sure what to do with her
BUT, I don't want to get rid of her. lol AFTERALL, it's a watermelon doll!!
I had a zucchini to get rid of and I am going Ministering to my sisters tomorrow morning SO, I made chocolate zucchini muffins to take. Tony and I have already eaten one and they are good! Then Tony drove me over to the ORCHARDS to drop off the cards that we made in RS Tuesday night.  They were very gracious and said the activities director would use them on one of their activity nights. 
Tony said he was going to his mom's and he would pick me up on the way back. Well, it didn't take me long so I started walking home. As I was a block away, my Russian friend, Lubov came walking towards me. She had a bowl of "Russian Potato Salad"...... It has onions, potatoes, salami, cucumbers and canned green peas in it! I really don't like her Russian dishes, BUT how do you turn down a gift??  She kept telling me to "eat it NOW, it's fresh!!" (wish you could hear my Russian accent right now)  I told her we'd just eaten but she insisted we "eat it now!!" lol  I took it home and immediately dished it into 3 containers and took some to Joyce and I have one for Lynn. Joyce said (sarcastically, I might add) 
"THANKS A LOT!!"  lol  None of us like to eat it. 

I made Chili as well today (for Sunday dinner) because I had tomatoes that Joyce had given me. I tried to get rid of all the fresh veggies I had lying around because Tony won't be here for a couple of days and I didn't want it to go bad.  I will refrigerate it and make corn bread after church while it warms up. Easy Peasy! Well, I'm headed down to rest a while before bed. It's been a busy day. We can't go to the gym for a few days because they are refinishing the floors so I got a lot done at home today! I liked it!!

No comments: