Tuesday, May 7, 2024

MUCH ACCOMPLISHED


Had a very busy day ! 

I started my day by cleaning under the sink. My new dishwasher was being delivered today and I needed everything out.  I called the installer and asked him what time he would be here. He told me 1:00  so I knew I had some time to go to D&B and buy the seed potatoes and a Basil plant for the garden. I also stopped at Walmart and returned the fabric I bought yesterday, as it was not the right color of white for the temple dresses. 

Upon returning home, I cut the potatoes, These are Yukon Gold. 

And these are Pontiac Red.

I also got the toilet paper rolls cut and put in the box.
 Ready to seed the flowers. 

I went out and got the Basil planted. 

Then I got the potatoes planted as  more beets and cilantro. 
The garden is done now. Need to put up the BIG owl and the little one. Need Tony's help to do that.

Then I filled the paper rolls with potting soil and planted my flower seeds. Marigold mostly. They will be used as a border in the garden when they are up! The weather was windy and cold when I started and it was raining and even some hail before I  finished.
Weird Spring for sure. Anxious for some warm days.

Mike Pearson  arrived at 1:00  as promised. He took out the old dishwasher in no time at all.  He and I visited for some time about Phil, Colby and Stillman. He is such a nice young man.  Then I went   into the living room. I had set up my sewing machine before he arrived. I cut out some ribbon ties for two temple dresses that were given me but are a wee bit too big.  

Mike finished up and I love the new dishwasher.
Inside and out!!  SWEETHEART !
After Mike left, I finished putting the ties on both dresses. I hope it looks OK. At least they will fit a little better.
I wrapped the gifts for Clair's baby shower which is tomorrow night. 
Now, I've got to clean up for RS tonight. It's  Paint Night and I'm taking a new sister in the ward. Gotta get to it.


It was a GREAT turnout for sure! There were sisters who haven't been to church for a long time!

Not one I want to hang on my  wall though! lol

Even dessert was a painting. 

I took Lanu home and Lynn took our picture. I told her I was going to throw my painting out and she wanted it. I gladly gave it to her. 
It's been a long day and I'm going to relax and watch Pol Dark and Handsome!!  LOL


No comments: