Monday, September 16, 2024

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING GOING ON TODAY!~

It's Monday and that means, LAWN DAY!~  We got busy on our yard work because we were supposed to get rain and we wanted it done before it came!! We ate a quick breakfast and then I started on our yard and Tony headed over to Joyce's yard.

The brown spots in the back are starting to look better. The cooler temperatures are sure helping too. I can't believe the Marigolds!!  It's amazing to think that I plant one little seed  every 3 inches along the border, and by the end of summer, they have nearly taken over the garden! lol  I love them though!

My Hen & Chicks are overflowing the basket! NICE!~

Some of my Hydrangeas are turning PINK!  
Just wish they were fuller!

The Begonia's are LOVING this cooler weather. They are doing better than they have all summer.

I love this flower so much!! 

After we finished with our yard work, we went to the gym to do our walking and weights. I asked Tony if he would just walk 2 miles (like me) today and then do our weights so we could get to Robin's house to fix her electrical problem.  After all, we walked enough just mowing lawns. He agreed!  The floors are all refinished & looking pretty and shiny! After our workout, we came home, he changed and we headed to Robin's house. She said the light in her kitchen wasn't working and so we turned it on and low and behold, it turned on. She said, "I can't believe it, it wasn't working the other day and I could smell an electrical burning smell."  Tony took the switch out and reattached the wires but he told her if she'd buy a new switch, he'd put it in for her because this one was old. SO, that problem didn't take very long. We came home and I made us each a sandwich and we ate while watching 
"COME FOLLOW UP"
 At 4 o'clock, I was scheduled to have a Ministering interview with Denise Nicholson. She called me and said she forgot and was at the Plasma place giving plasma. SO, I just interviewed her over the phone. Then I got ready to go to Donna Jenkins 
90th Birthday Open House. 

I worked on a few cards while we waited for 6 o'clock to roll around. They still need some embellishments but that will come later. I also worked on Scotlyn's dress for prom. I was asked to sew up the slit in the dress about 6 inches. I got it done.  Just before 6, Lorna Loveland called and asked if Joyce was home. I said she was, and that we were taking her to Donna's party at 6. She asked if we could wait till she got over to her house with her car that was fixed. I said we would wait. She & they guy who fixed it, drove it over and Joyce paid him.

As we were walking to her house, we noticed a ton of ant's on our sidewalk. Tony got out the poison and sprayed them good!  While he was spraying them, Joyce walked over to our house, so then we drove to get Lynn, and then went to Donna's.  There were quite a few visiting her already. Klynn asked me if I would start coming to book club, so I can drive the ladies. I understand why. None of them should be driving, so I relented and said I would start. Not super excited about it. Just another commitment to be away from home! AND, I don't always like to read what they pick.  Grrrrrr

Donna is in a neck brace because of her fall a week ago. She is such a sweet lady. I will be picking her up for church a few times as well (which I don't mind) and then I will drive these 3 ladies to Book Club. We told her son that we can take her to the gym when she wants to go as well. Otherwise, he will have to drive over from Boise to take her. We stayed for about 45 minutes and then drove the women home. We went into Joyce's garage to see her car!

BEFORE PICTURE

AFTER PICTURE
IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD! We came home and Scott, Jill, Scotlyn and her date (Porter) came over so she could try the dress on. She did and it was as I feared. It puckered a bit. I told her I'd take it out and try to sew it again. It's not an easy fix, but I'll give it another shot.

He's a cute boy. They make a cute couple.

SO, I got a shot of them all before they left. Now that my blog is done, I'm going to try the sewing of the prom dress again. 
WISH ME LUCK!!
It's been a long day and I am tired. 

No comments: