Thursday, September 12, 2024

ANOTHER BUSY DAY, WHAT'S NEW??

I had restless leg and feet syndrome last night and ended up on the couch. I read my book till 1am and finally thought I was able to doze....NOT!   Started reading again and then went to sleep around 2am. We had to get up at 7:30 and head to he church to set up tables and chairs for a funeral.
I did one table and started placing eight chairs around it. By then Tony was on table # four! 

It took us about a half an hour to put up 10 round tables and two long ones at the front for the food.  Tony only had to help me with chairs on one and a half tables lol 

ZYERS's funeral was bringing in the casket as we were leaving. They thanked us for having the church open. This is the man who died. I did not know him but Tony did. Not well enough to go to his funeral though.  We headed to the gym and got on the elliptical so we could get our exercise in for the day. Then we came home and showered and started getting ready to go to the Electricians luncheon.   I was checking my appointments to see if I had any Ministering interviews scheduled for today when I noticed I had 4 missed calls from Donna Jenkins. I hurried and called her back and it was her daughter in law, Judy who answered. She said Donna had fallen and cracked vertebrae in her neck. She was staying with them for a while and was in a neck brace. She had made cookies for the funeral and wanted to know if I could pick them up and take them to the church. I assured her I could so she gave me the garage code and I hurried over and picked them up, ran them to the church and put them in the kitchen, and then came home and finished getting ready to go.  I got a text from Jill asking if I could fix a dress that Scotlyn got for PROM. Of course!  She wanted to know when she could get it to me. I told her this evening was good but she said Scotlyn has a volley ball game at Centennial.  SO, we plan on going to the game, and I'll pick up the dress then. I have Ministering interviews scheduled the rest of this week and into next week so I decided I'd best pick it up this evening. Besides, we haven't seen her play in quite a while so I want to go to her game. Now off to the luncheon!


We had the luncheon at IDAHO PIZZA in Boise. I was hoping to be LUCKY for a change and win the $20 they give away every time. Tony has won ONCE, but I have never been picked. AND, as usual, I didn't win again!!  SO FRUSTRATING!!

But we got our picture taken by the BIG GRIZZLEY!  lol We left the luncheon and went to Burlington. I found 3 shirts and Tony also got me a doo dad for the kitchen. Its to squeeze juice from oranges, and lemons. It might work good for our Ginger drink. After leaving Burlington we went to the Boise Mall and looked for a French Cuff white shirt for Tony but all we accomplished was a lot of walking. We decided to check with Peterson's by Deseret Book.

Passing the Boise Temple, we saw two men up on the roof. It looks like its getting close to being done.

Just a little more at the top. We'll miss the Boise Patrons who have been coming to Meridian. After shopping at Deseret Book (found nothing) we went to Petersons and Tony was able to get a white shirt he can wear his cuff links with. YAY!!  We were still killing time before Scotlyn's game, so we drove to SeaGull Book just to see if I could find a set of books by Gerald Lund. Found them alright but they were still very costly. Decided I'd start looking at Deseret Industries. Then we headed to Centennial High.

Scotlyn serving! Unfortunately, Centennial won,
 but it was fun to watch! 

After her game, Jill walked us out and I picked up Scotlyn's dress. Hope I can fix it. I have to sew the slit in the side by about 5 or 6 inches. There is no seam so I hope I can do it without messing it up. FINGER'S CROSSED!
Coming home, the traffic backed up BIG TIME!!
We finally got up to the police cars after,
 being filed down to two lanes.


This car really got nailed!  I'd like to watch the news tonight to see if someone was injured or killed. It was a bad accident. 
Glad to be home.

No comments: