Sunday, October 13, 2024

MOM GRADUATED

Had an interesting experience on Thursday night. We were up till about 10 and had finished our scripture reading. I got into bed and had just closed my eyes, when I saw a very distinctive white ribbon pass before my closed eyes! It was waving like a flag in the wind.  I immediately thought of my mother.

I went to sleep and when I got up Friday morning, I turned on my phone, and saw a text string from my siblings. Mom had passed through the veil sometime after 10.  She had been nauseated after breakfast on Thursday and was very lethargic. Alexandra, was concerned and had her taken to the hospital. Her blood pressure was extremely low. When Alexandra got to the hospital, Mom took her hand and squeezed it but was not speaking. When Alexandra called me from the hospital, she said she was waiting for the doctor to come in to see what was up. She said a nurse had said that she thought she only had a day or so. She put the phone up to Mom's ear and I told her how much I loved her and that we were all thinking of her and hoped she would be feeling better soon.  She said a little later,  Mom perked up and was sitting up and trying to fix her hair with her hands.  Alexandra had some errands to attend to so she left. The Ambulance transported her back to her care facility around 9 in the evening. Alexandra said she was nauseated again (probably from the ride) and so she cleaned her up and got her put into her bed at 10PM. She left for a few minutes and then came back in at 10:15 and Mom was gone.

She sent me this picture and we talked. Alexandra said she tries not to get personally attached to her patients but she cried and said she had with mom. She was such a wonderful Caretaker. We couldn't have been more blessed to have Mom in her home. My brother Rick made a wonderful comment about Mom. He said that in the Hebrew language, the number 10 means "Unity With God" then he said. "How appropriate for out Angel Mother to go back home in the 10th hour, on the 10th day, of the 10th month." 
Then Tony and I made the observation that we had taken her to Alexandra's home 10 and 1/2 months ago. It was a beautiful thought and we are so grateful that Mom is now free of her mortal body with it's limitations. She now see's and hears perfectly and is with Dad, her parents and all our wonderful family who have gone before.
               I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU WILL BE MISSED TILL WE MEET AGAIN BEYOND THE VEIL. AND THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME SUCH A SWEET GOODBYE.



No comments: